23 Jan 2020
• Maintain a strategic overview of Research to inform the annual development and evolution of the College’s Strategic and Operational Plan, with particular responsibility for Research.
• Work effectively with the Faculty’s Dean for Research on research strategy and related operational issues.
• Secure investment by the University and external sources in existing and new research areas in the College.
• Support and promote existing and new research and innovation initiatives through developing effective and responsive school-wide structures for collegial consultation and the mobilization of our research capacity.
• Promote the College’s engagement in new research and innovation opportunities ; particularly in identifying and responding to major funding calls and in developing interdisciplinary collaborations within and beyond the College.
• Encourage and promote good practice within research and innovation activities (e.g. career development of research staff, ethical issues in research…).
• Represent the College on other research matters as requested by the University of Rwanda Director of Research and Innovation.
Work closely with UR Director of Research and Innovation in order to :
• Identify and effectively communicate new research and innovationopportunities and ensure that proactive, relevant systems and services are in place to support the research-intensive environment of the College.
• Secure effective liaison with relevant functions across the College and elsewhere in the University (e.g. on postgraduate fellowships and studentships linked to research and innovationawards, post-award finance, press office for dissemination of research and innovation, conference organization).
• Act as a liaison point between University, Faculty, School and Discipline Areas on issues related to research and innovation.
• Take an active role in shaping College and University policy on research and innovation.
• Provide day-to-day support of College research and innovation through communicating and liaising with all staff.
• Plan and Coordinate the research activities.
• Coordinate the innovation activities.
• Coordinate post graduate activities.
• Coordinate staff publications.
• Build professional capacity in research in all areas of the country promote and coordinate technology Transfer.
• Develop a vibrant research culture in the College.
• Facilitate applications for external competitive grants from the university partnerships’.